PRP Under Eyes
Platelet Rich Plasma, also known as PRP therapy is a leading – edge, natural and innovative way to rejuvenate your skin. Utilising your own blood, it harnesses your body’s matter to treat your skin and grow your hair. In particular, it works to rejuvenate under the eyes, targeting fine lines, thin skin and dark circles.
Get Started with a Free Consultation
More About PRP Injectables
Platelet-Rich Plasma Under Eye Treatment
PRP under-eye injections offer a promising and natural approach to under-eye rejuvenation, leveraging the body’s own growth factors and healing mechanisms to improve the appearance of the delicate skin around the eyes.
Targeting the Delicate Under-eye Area:
One of the unique advantages of PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) under-eye injections is the targeted rejuvenation it offers for the delicate skin around the eyes. The treatment is specifically designed to address common under-eye concerns like dark circles, puffiness, and fine lines.
The growth factors in PRP work to revitalize the under-eye area, offering a more youthful and refreshed appearance. This targeted approach sets PRP under-eye injections apart from other cosmetic treatments.
Enhanced Cellular Turnover and Collagen Production:
PRP under-eye injections are renowned for accelerating cellular turnover and boosting collagen production. This results in smoother, firmer skin and a reduction in the appearance of under-eye bags and dark circles.
Customized Concentration of Growth Factors:
PRP for under-eye treatment is a specialized concentration of your own blood, enriched with platelets. These platelets contain a unique blend of growth factors like PDGF, TGF-β, and VEGF, which are specifically beneficial for the sensitive skin around the eyes.
Addressing Under-Eye Concerns:
PRP under-eye injections are effective in treating a variety of under-eye issues:
- Dark Circle Reduction: PRP helps in lightening the pigmentation under the eyes.
- Puffiness Alleviation: The treatment can reduce puffiness by improving lymphatic drainage.
- Fine Line Minimization: PRP stimulates collagen, helping to smooth out fine lines and wrinkles.
- Skin Hydration: The treatment can improve skin hydration, making the under-eye area look more refreshed.
proven to help:
how it works
Reduce Undereye Darkness
Taking a small amount of blood, we spin it in a centrifuge to harvest your nutrient-rich plasma. We then use that plasma to inject it under your eyes, and other areas of your skin.
1. Free Consultation
2. Plasma Extracted
3. Undereye Injections
benefits of prp inijectables
Our PRP injections work to create new blood vessels in the skin, bringing a fresh supply of nutrients to under your eyes. This repair of collagen and elastin levels can help tighten and thicken skin, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, reduce the appearance of dark, hollow under eyes and reduce overall puffiness.
Results & Reviews
Fuller & Brighter Under Eyes
See the remarkable effects of PRP Under Eye Treatment. Notice how the treatment visibly plumps and brightens the under-eye area, offering a youthful and revitalised look.
@ Plasma Therapy
Frequently Asked Questions
There are a range of different reasons why you may be suffering from dark under eyes and / or eye bags, here are the 4 most common causes:
- Lifestyle: Not looking after yourself is a common cause of dark under eyes. By not consuming a healthy diet, not drinking plenty of water and without a good night’s sleep, your appearance can be impacted, giving you a more tired appearance. Sleep deprivation in particular causes your skin to become dull, and the dark tissues and blood vessels beneath your skin can start to show.
- Natural Age: As we age, skin becomes thinner, and the collagen in our skin starts to break down and loosen. This can create a shadowed and creased appearance with bags eventually forming under the lower lids.
- Skin Tone: different skin tones can also be the reason why you may have the appearance of darker tones around the eyes. Lighter skin tones can make the blood vessels under the skin give off a blue colour whilst darker skin can pigment more heavily around the eyes. Sometimes despite living a healthy lifestyle, they are hard to avoid.
- Allergies: Those with hayfever or pet allergies can find themselves rubbing tier eyes and sneezing. These reactions can cause your eyes to water and blood vessels to burst under the skin, leading to a puffy and darker skin tone.
PRP injections under your eyes increases blood vessel growth and strengthens collagen, promoting refreshed appearance. A natural combat to anti aging! New blood vessels in the under eye area allows nutrients and oxygen to enter the skin, this results in a decrease in puffiness, darkness and loose skin.
Depending on your skin, and the look you are wanting to achieve – everyone is different. However, we do recommend multiple PRP injections. Several studies have looked at the number of treatments needed, as well as how often. It is advised to receive 1 treatment every 4 weeks, with at least 3 – 4 treatments in order to see results.
As PRP is a natural treatment, you will not come off the chair with an instant result, however you will notice your under eyes continue to lighten, strengthen and rejuvenate over the course of the next few weeks after your treatment.
It is also important to note that not everyone achieves the same result with PRP under eye treatment. Everyone’s body, lifestyle and genetics are different so therefore, results are different too!
PRP injections under your eyes is the safest treatment for dark and deep under eyes. As it is harnessing your body’s plasma, this natural treatment has zero risk, unlike traditional fillers where there is always a risk of blindness and other complications.
You will experience side effects for that matter, this includes small swelling and tenderness. There are also unavoidable points where the small needle is used to penetrate the plasma into the skin.
And as with any injectable treatment, there is always risk of infection. Ensure you keep to the aftercare instructions to best avoid this.
PRP injections are different to Dermal fillers.
PRP is a much safer alternative to dermal fillers. There is no risk of an allergic reaction or skin sensitivity. If PRP is accidentally injected into a vessel under your eye, the risk of blindness is zero.
However, it depends on your under eyes and what results you are trying to achieve. PRP injections are best used to reduce darkness, increase smoothness and increase the quality of skin under the eyes. Whereas dermal filler is used to treat hallow under eyes.
We would highly advise a free consultation to let you know if you are a candidate for PRP!
Immediately after treatment with a PRP, there may be slight redness, swelling, tenderness, or an itching sensation in the treated area. This is a normal result of the injection and generally disappears in a couple of days.
Please follow the instructions below:
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory tablets such as ibuprofen (Nurofen, Advil etc). For at least 1 week post treatment as this will interfere with your results
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours
- Avoid touching the area for at least 8-10 hours
- Avoid direct sunlight or heat such as saunas, solariums, steam rooms and hot showers, steam rooms, saunas or baths for 24-48 hours
- Avoid makeup for at least 12 hours
- Avoid alcohol and excessive smoking for 24-48 hours
- Do not use active skin care eg AHA, Retinols/Vitamin C for 1 week post treatment.
A Gentle cleanser, moisturiser and SPF is allowed and advised.
- Drink plenty of water for hydration and to enhance results and healing time
- Sleep elevated to reduce swelling if necessary
- Swelling and redness is common for up to 3/4 days after the treatment, if symptoms persist, see your GP.
Get Started today!
Hair Loss & Skin
Come in to chat with one of our experts about your hair or skin. Book online by clicking the link below or give us a call!